|IT Introductory Course – Essential Knowledge for Programming Courses||2020-01-30 09:00 - 16:30 (Thu)||MPI Dev Bio - Teaching lab 0.A.06||Contreras, Adrian |
This course provides an introduction to the IT infrastructure available to bioscientists on campus. Furthermore, the basics of interacting with your computer and the campus servers are taught. In the afternoon, an introduction to basic Unix skills is provided.
- Part 1: Introduction to the campus IT Infrastructure How simple programming facilitates biological research
- Part 2: Command line basics
- Part 3: Unix applications and tips for Bioscientists
- Successful participation in this course, or passing an exam covering the material taught in the first two sections of the course, is a prerequisite for participating in the Unix, R and Python courses offered later this year.
- Advanced students may leave after passing a test after the first hour and can join the Part 3 for more advanced material.