|Faculty Recruitment at German Universities (2 days)||2020-06-29 10:00 - 16:00 (Mon)||Schwarzkopf, Matthias|
|Faculty Recruitment at German Universities (2 days)||2020-06-30 10:00 - 16:00 (Tue)||Schwarzkopf, Matthias|
· What is the German way to select professors for universities? What is the legal background for these processes?
· What is the difference between Juniorprofessor, Tenure-Professorships, and W2 and W3-professorships?
· How should I read and interpret job offers for professorships?
· What are the usual parts of the written application? How could I structure it?
· How do I prepare the presentation? What are the special difficulties if the audience is composed of professors, students and PostDocs?
· How should I act in the discussion with the committee?
· How to prepare the teaching test?
· How could I deal with difficult situations?
· Outlook: if they take me: how to prepare the negotiations concerning working conditions and salary?
We will practice the discussion and the presentation or whatever is most relevant for the group. Participants will have the opportunity to practice one of these two parts in the role “applicant”. Therefore, you are asked to bring some slides with you, which show your actual research. If you have already prepared a written application or parts of it for a (Junior-)Professorship, you are invited to bring it with you to the course and to receive feedback by the other participants and by the lecturer.