|IT Introductory Course – Essential Knowledge for Programming Courses DAY 1||18.01.2021 09:00 - 13:00 (Mon)||Online||Johannes Wörner, Brandon Seah, Adrián Contreras, Sebastian Vorbrugg, Alejandra Duque|
|IT Introductory Course – Essential Knowledge for Programming Courses DAY 2||19.01.2021 09:00 - 13:00 (Tue)||Online||Adrián Contreras, Sebastian Vorbrugg, Alejandra Duque|
This course provides an introduction to the IT infrastructure available to bioscientists on campus. Furthermore, the basics of interacting with your computer and the campus servers are taught. On the second day an introduction to basic Unix skills is provided.
To test your setup we will announce a date in the week before the workshop starts.
- Introduction to the campus IT Infrastructure
- How simple programming facilitates biological research
- Command line basics
- Unix applications and tips for Bioscientists
- For this course there will be an initial survey to fill. Your booking will only be accepted finally once you filled and submitted it.
- If you need a laptop for the course please get in touch – there are some teaching MacBooks available.
- Successful participation in this course is a prerequisite for participating in the Unix, R and Python courses offered later in year 2021.